I woke up last Sunday, looked out my back window and my eyes widened at my chartreuse pool! UGH! So I yelled, "Biiiiilllllyyyy"!!!!! He took one look at the pool and went right out there and started throwing chemicals in it, i.e. shock, chlorine, etc. He ran the filter for 24 hours and NOTHING happened. He tried back filtering it, and some other suggestions that the pool place told him to do. Still chartreuse! He took the filter apart and wouldn't ya know it, a CRACK in the filter!The damn thing is only a YEAR old!! He took it to the store we bought it from and of course they don't have the parts needed to fix it. We have been on the phone w/ the mngr. from NAMCO pools in CT for THREE days now, and she is "trying to locate parts" for it. Well, lady in the meantime can't ya hook us up w/ something that'll work? Like a NEW filter? Oh no, that's asking way to much from them! Still waiting for a call back from her and in the meantime the pool is getting greener by the day; especially in this 90 degree heat.
OK, so like I said, if it's not one thing, it's the other .
The back brakes in Billy's truck are shot, so as I type, he is out there in the driveway w/ the truck on those stilts thingys. Poor guy, he has been complaining of a bad back (in which has been getting much worse), he actually has a chiro appt. later this afternoon.
The 4th thing (3rd being Bill's back) is a crackour tub in the master bath if you can believe that one. It's only 5 yrs. old and we have a crack in it. Now, as far as I understand, the only way you can have a crack in your tub is usually if the people using the thing are VERY heavy people...in which we are not. Evidentally, the carpenter that built the flooring under the tub did not do it right. Billy put some sort of silicone on it to prevent it from leaking, but that did not work very well when I saw water dripping from the ceiling fan in our kitchen. UGH! Talk about hazardous. Soooooo, Bill re-did the silicone..again..and we're now talking about ripping out that tub ( we have one in the kids bthroom) and putting in a stand-up shower w/ tile. That's more of a winter project though. ALWAYS something!
The FIFTH thing that broke? The family camper! This 1995 pop-up camper that actually belongs to Bill's parents and the three kids (hence the name 'family camper')had a little family of it's own nesting inside of the camper this past winter. MICE..my worse nightmare. If you know me, you know I have a strong fear of mice. Billy opened up the camper a week before our camping trip 2 weeks ago and found that they had eaten right thru the canvas. There was mice poop evrywhere, and ya know you're not supposed to inhale that because it is very poisonous. So, we talked about replacing the canvas on it, but decided to just sell the thing since in my opinion, it's just not worth it anymore.
They say things happen in three's and in this case it's five, so now I hope this is it.
I guess things could be worse , I'm just trying to deal with all this going on at once.
Plus trying to get ready for the start of School w/ the kids. I would really like to teach Cam to tie his shoes before he starts and for Samantha to be able to write her full name before she starts KG.
Before I sign off I will post a few pics from our camping trip and a few layouts I made:










3 comments:
I'm from the DST blog train... WOW! I thought I was having a little bad luck! Sure hope things start to look up!
Poor Michelle!! Maybe once the kids are in school, things will start to settle down. Good luck!
I hope your luck turns around quickly!! Love the layouts you shared!!!
Post a Comment